A Very Special Building


This special building has served the community for over 70 years.

Formerly St. Catherine of Siena, The chapel and recotory were designed by Frank Frimmer and built in 1939. The Gothic Revival style building was erected with granite from the nearby Rolesville quarry.
   Notable Gothic Revival details include a front rosette window, round arched entrance and window openings with stained-glass panes, and buttresses. The church rectory, also built of stone, is attached to the southeast corner of the church.
There is a small belfry where the church meets the rectory. The belfry houses a brass bell made in 1939 by the Stuckstede Brothers Foundry of Saint Louis Missouri.



The sanctuary is open for prayer and meditation.




Home   Food Pantry   Events   History   Wedding   Directions   Contact

919 554-4151
701 South Main Street,     Wake Forest, NC 27587


Copyright 2012 StoneChapel.com
Updated 12/15/2012